Large skin pores are usually genetic and are inherited from family members but the other cause of them is oily skin which causes the skin pores appear open and large because of excess sebum production. Nothing much can be done for them but certain things can reduce the size of the pores temporarily.
Large pores should always be kept clean so that there is no dirt and oil left inside the pores to cause pimples, acnes and black heads. One can use gentle facial scrubbers and face packs to tone up the size of the pores. Certain creams have specific ingredients in them to reduce the size of the skin pores LO'REAL PARIS has few creams in their cosmetic range which promises to reduce the size of the pores of the skin. Cleaning too helps in dealing with the situation. Some home made scrubs and packs are good enough in reducing the appearance of the size of the big and opened skin pores.
- Tomato has toning agents in it. If tomato juice has been applied on the skin regularly with a cotton ball and left for 20 minutes, helps in reducing the size of the pores. It shrinks the pores and makes them appear visibly smaller. You can add tomato juice to calamine powder or sandalwood powder, which are good to tone up the skin, which helps in even reducing the size of the pores. These packs help skin to reduce the sebum production and it helps in decreasing the size of the pores.
- Mashed papaya applied on the skin helps in toning the pores. You can directly apply a mashes papaya on your skin or can put it over a gauge. You need to wash it off with lukewarm water.
- White portion of the egg has skin toning and complexion enhancing ingredients. Whipped egg yolk applied on the skin with a few drops of lemon juice, improves the tone of the skin and reduces the pore size. This pack is extremely good for Middle Ages women.
- Honey is equally good to tone up the pores and reduce the oiliness from the skin. It can be applied in any of the facemask or can be directly applied on the skin with a little lemon juice and sugar to it. You can massage it on face and leave it for few minutes. Then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Honey added to milk powder too helps if applied on the skin.
- A paste made of salt and butter is helpful in reducing pore size if applied on them.
- Regularly use toner on your skin with a cotton ball. To some extent it helps in temporary reducing the size of the pores.
- Oatmeal and gram flour are good toning substance. You can add a little lemon juice, rose water and curd to them and apply on the skin. Wash this pack off when it dries. It tones the pores and enhances the complexion.
- If you have breakouts on your skin then avoid using lemon juice or any such thing on your skin without a doctor's knowledge. Calamine powder and sandalwood powder are safe to be applied on the pimples or acnes.
- Always remove make up while going to bed. Never sleep with your make up on. Let the skin breath. Heavy make up left on the skin for long hours too increase the size of the pores.
- If you do wax your face, you have more chances to get open pores so always be careful while doing it. Always make sure that you apply a soothing face pack based on calamine or sandalwood on your face after waxing it to close the pores.
- You can rub an ice cube on your skin wrapped in a cotton cloth on your face to temporary reduce the size of the pores. Ice shrinks the size of the pores and it's a good way to make the pores appear smaller if you are going somewhere out as it even decreases the oil production on the skin for sometime.
If you regularly concentrate to care about the skin and make efforts to reduce the size of the pores, it's not impossible to get the results. If not permanently, but you can temporarily reduce the size of the pores and can help in increasing further in the size. Applying toner, tightening facemasks and using toning creams too helps in decreasing the problem to some extent. Though one cannot cure this problem permanently, one can at least prevent the pores from becoming bigger. Keep the skin clean, don't use oily make up products and eat healthy food to keep the skin beautiful and young. Natural ingredients are anyways cost effective and very helpful in treating any of the skin problems.