Everybody in the world is fond of white skin and is ready to do anything to get the skin whiter. Even fairer skin people put their best efforts to keep their skin tone whiter. Especially Asians are fonder to get a whiter skin and do lots of things to get the skin whiter and lighter than the natural shade.
There are many ways to whiten the skin. There are plenty of treatments, creams and lotions available for skin whitening, which are meant not only for those who have darker complexion but also even for those who gets darker complexion because of sun tan, age or pollution. Darker skin has more production of melanin a substance in body, which makes the skin appear darker.
The fairest the skin the lesser melanin it has. But fairer skin has more chances to get effected by Ultraviolet rays of the sun than the darker skin as melanin absorbs the UV rays and prevents them to penetrate the skin to get it darker. Skin whitening creams have agents as bleach, aloe Vera, extracts from lemon and all those things which can clear the complexion and can make it whiter. They reduce the production of melanin in the body, which is the cause of skin darkening.
To get the skin whiter you can try any of the whitening cosmetic creams, soaps, lotions, herbal whitening creams or cosmetic treatments available at many saloons or you can try some home remedies which are quite helpful to some extent.
- Many establish cosmetic companies produce their skin lightening face washes, facial gels, creams, lotions and pack to whiten the skin. You can choose any of them for your skin. They are helpful in lighten the skin tone to few shades. If everything from the same brand range is applied for skin whitening than it helps more as they have same ingredients for different purposes. Use the same brand of face wash, lotion, day cream, soap and night cream to target the darkness of your skin.
- If you want to go for advanced treatments then you can consult a cosmetologist who gives peels to your skin to make it appear lighter. But some of these treatments are not suitable for sensitive skin.
- Bleaching helps the skin to remove scars, reduce sun tan and pigmentation and clears the skin to make it look lighter in shade. But it should be done carefully as if the ingredients have not mixed in proper proportion or you put it more than the applicable time, it might burn your skin. These days' bleaches are available in the market for sensitive skin so people who have sensitive skin should choose them. Herbal bleach too is a good option. One can learn applying bleach in a right way on the face and body from a professional beautician and then can do it oneself.
- Some of the creams and lotions from the skin whitening range of L'Oreal Paris are very helpful in reducing pigmentation, brown spots and prevents discoloration of the skin tone. They make it smooth, even and much lighter in shade without any side effects.
- Even while choosing a whitening cream or lotion, ones should keep the skin type in mind and should buy them according to the skin type. As some of them might not suit the oily skin or some might no help dry skin.
Prevention can be taken to stop skin from further darkening-always apply good sunscreen lotion on skin when going in sun. Use waterproof sunscreen lotion while going to swimming. One needs to reapply the sunscreen lotion on the skin every 30 minutes if one is staying directly in the sun. Sun makes the maximum damage to your skin and skin, which is naturally white, too gets tanned and dark if stays directly in the sun without any protection.
Home remedies to whiten the skin-certain home made packs and remedies are really helpful in giving you a lighter and whiter complexion.
- Dry orange peels in sun. When they are fully dried, grind them in a mixture and make powder. Add raw milk to it, make a paste and apply it on your skin everyday. Rinse it off with lukewarm water when dries. It's tested pack for skin whitening.
- Take sandalwood powder, add lemon juice, tomato juice, cucumber juice to it, make a paste and apply on the skin till it dries to get a brighter, lighter and even skin tone.
- Gram flour has whitening agents to it. Take 2 spoonfuls of gram flour; add a pinch of turmeric to it, few drops of lemon juice and few drops of milk cream. Make it a paste and apply on the skin. When it dries scrub it off. It can be applied all over the body everyday.
- Soak almonds in water overnight. Peel them off in the morning. Make a paste and add honey to it. Apply it on face and scrub it off when dries to make skin whiter and glowing.
- Potatoes have bleaching agents in them their juice is quite helpful in giving an even skin tone. Reduce pigmentation and blemishes. It can be applied on the skin everyday to get it whiter.